The upcoming SARL Monaco Numismatics auction (www.or-numismatique-monaco.com) promises to transform Monte Carlo into a numismatic mecca and feature hundreds of rare, PCGS-certified coins (www.PCGSeurope.com). The auction will take place Friday, December 2, 2016, at the Hotel Metropole in Monte Carlo, conducted by numismatic expert Nicolas Gimbert.
The 1,000 coins featured span from antiquity to present day and include:
- Lot 252: Montreuil-Bonnin, Philippe VI, Florin Georges 1346, graded PCGS MS63
- Lot 427: Paris, Charles X, 40 francs 1827, graded PCGS AU53
- Lot 466: Paris, IIème République, 100 francs 1894, graded PCGS MS64
- Lot 665: Turin, Victor Emmanuel II, 50 Lire 1864, graded PCGS MS62
- Lot 963: Saint Petersburg, Nicolas II, gold medal 1903, engraved by A. Vasyutinsk
Bidding will take place online at www.biddr.ch and www.drouotlive.com. Preceding the auction will be a private exhibition by appointment at SARL Monaco Numismatics office, which ends Thursday, December 1. The auction and public exhibition will both take place Friday, December 2, at the Hotel Metropole.
SARL Monaco Numismatics (www.or-numismatique-monaco.com) specializes in buying, selling, estimating and overall expertise in currencies and precious metals.
Founded in 1986 by distinguished numismatic experts, Professional Coin Grading Service is the most respected coin authentication and grading company in the world and has offices in Paris, Shanghai, Hong Kong and the United States.
For additional information about PCGS and its services, visit www.PCGSeurope.com. Contact PCGS by email at [email protected], or call the PCGS Paris Submission Center at +33 (0) 1 40 20 09 94.